This is going to be a real stretch for me because I really DO NOT like Winter. I would much rather endure sweltering hot days and balmy nights than sit shivering under a blanket with six layers on. But, every time I complain about the cold my husband reminds me that I am spending a quarter of my life hating something that I cannot change and that God made for us to enjoy. Now I certainly don't want to waste one quarter of my life being miserable, so here are ten things I love about winter.
1. Hot chocolate.
2. Big, soft, woolly sweaters.
3. Baking cookies so that the oven warms the kitchen and makes the whole house smell yummy.
Hmm, I'm struggling already.
4. Snuggling under a big, warm doona.
5. Putting soft, knitted hats on my little cutie-muffin.
6. Hot pumpkin soup with cheesy bread.
7. Sitting by a warm fire, toasting marshmallows.
8. Indoor picnics on the lounge room floor.
9. My hot water bottle. I put it on my lap when I'm sitting at the computer and it keeps my hands and legs warm. Isn't it cute! It came in this soft owl cover with a pretty purple ribbon around the top.
10. Curling up on the couch and watching back-to-back episodes of Little House on the Prairie.
Whew, I made it. Now I'm going to make a concerted effort to enjoy the next 56 days until my beloved Spring arrives!!