2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
50 grams butter
3/4 cup milk
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix it through.
3. Rub the butter through the dry ingredients with your fingertips.
4. Pour in the milk and mix it lightly so that it becomes a soft dough.
5. Put the dough onto a lightly floured bench top and press it down until it's about half an inch thick.
6. Use a round cookie cutter to cut out the scone shapes and place them on a greased oven tray.
7. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until cooked through but not brown.
8. Cut the scones in half and serve with jam and cream.
Makes 12 scones.