Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Just Saved $1194!!

Do you ever get an idea in your head and it's just so great that you can't stop thinking about it? Well last week I discovered this embroidery blog. It has the cutest little embroidered t-shirts and bath towels. I started dreaming about all the things I could make for my family and friends if I only had an embroidery machine.

So yesterday I braved the freezing cold weather and walked into town. I went to a sewing shop and asked the kind lady how much an embroidery machine cost. The ones they sold STARTED at $1200! That's right - $1200 to put some pretty pictures on a child's t-shirt! Well, of course I acted casual, like I knew all along that that's how much they cost, in fact, that actually seemed like a good price. Ha! I thanked the lady and told her I'd have to think about it a bit more.

Then I went to Spotlight and bought a little iron-on flower, letter and butterfly for $2 each. So I basically saved $1194.

From now on, iron-on motifs work for me.

No comments: