Monday, August 10, 2009

Visiting Family and Apple Pie

Last Friday, Baby Bee and I went down to visit my mum, sister and grandparents for the day. My mum and grandparents had just returned from a holiday in Queensland and they brought back lots of souvenirs and presents for us all. I got some gorgeous earrings, a recipe book and some Australian animal cookie cutters. I think will be good for play dough as well when Baby Bee is old enough to use it without eating it all :)


We had such a nice lunch with risotto, veal and vegetables and chick pea tabbouleh. I made an apple pie for desert and this was the first time I'd ever tried making a pie with the lattice top and it was so worth the extra effort. Look how pretty it turned out.


If you click here you can see a cute, little video review from Sugar Pie Farmhouse of a Pyrex pie dish, which is what I used to make this pie in.

My husband couldn't come with us because he had to work so I made him his own little apple pie the night before so he didn't miss out :)

No comments: