Friday, August 14, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Favourite Vacation Spot

.
I'm joining in Kelly's "Show Us Your Life" party today to share our favourite vacation spots. Our favourite place to go for holidays in Australia is Shoal Bay. We went there for a long weekend and stayed at the Shoal Bay Resort and Spa. We had a beautiful one bedroom apartment so there was lots of space and we could walk across the road to the beach.

This is our apartment balcony.


This is the view from our balcony.


This is the view at dusk.
.

This is the beach across the road. We took this photo at sunrise so the beach was deserted.


We went on a whale-watching tour and saw some whales....
.

... and some dolphins.
.

I have two favourite holiday destainations outside of Australia. The first is Ottawa, Canada. I lived in Ottawa for a few months when I was in my early twenties and it's just the prettiest city. There is so much to see and do there.

There are lots of beautiful buildings, like the famous Fish Market Restaurant.
.


You can even go ice-skating on the Rideau Canal. I didn't do that because I'm from Sydney where you have to drive five hours to see snow in winter. When I was a kid we did drive for hours and hours to see snow and when we got there all that was left was a tiny piece of ice in the grass. haha!

My second favourite place is Breckenridge, Colorado. I went there for a holiday when I was living in Kansas about ten years ago. It was summer time so there was no snow but the little village had lots of adorable shops and beautiful picnic areas. I didn't own a digital camera at the time and my photos would look terrible scanned in here so you'll just have to go to the link to see what it looks like. Or even better, go there yourself. You'll love it!

Ah, I've had so much fun looking through old photos and walking down memory lane. I really hope we get to go back to all of these places one day.

4 comments:

Bridgette said...

I LOVE every picture...beautiful!

Emily said...

Your pictures are beautiful! My husband and I really want to visit Australia!

Bridgette said...

Lisa, thanks for the comment. Yes, I climbed all the way up the steps. All 170+ steps. It was so hard, but the view made up for it.

Kristina and TJ said...

Hey Lisa,

I got your question on my blog about our embroidery business. Well it all started with my mom buying one machine to make a little extra money on the side. After 5 years, and another machine she had turned it into a full time job. We started carrying items for people to buy that we can embroidery. We do a couple of craft shows a year but other than that we do everything out of her house. We hope to have a shop soon. We have a website but it is needing work: www.GlitzyPAKK.com. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Your pictures are amazing. Australia is one of the places we plan to visit one day!!