Tuesday, June 23, 2009
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups of self-raising flour
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1. Beat the sugar and butter in a bowl until creamy.
2. Add the eggs and flour and continue beating until mixed.
3. Sprinkle some flour on the bench top then roll the dough out until it is about 2mm thick.
4. Use cookie cutters to cut the dough and place the shapes onto a greased baking tray.
5. Bake the cookies in the oven for 10-12 minutes until they go very lightly brown.
6. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool.
7. When they are cool, ice them with butter icing. I used Wilton Icing Colors to make bright pink and purple.