Monday, October 26, 2009

A Trip to the Bookstore

Last weekend my husband, Baby Bee and I went to a Christian bookstore and had so much fun looking around the aisles. As usual, we spent more money than we had planned but we came away with some really good buys.
.
We bought the Fireproof DVD (neither my husband or I had seen the movie) so we took it home and watched it that night for our "Saturday Night Movie Night" date. We both loved it!! It had such a good storyline that we just want to give it to everyone we know. If you haven't seen it, you should, it is really good.
.
We bought a DVD for Baby Bee called Sunday School Songs and it has the cutest little kids singing about 15 different songs. I think my husband and I like the songs just as much as Baby Bee does because we've been singing them all week.
.
I bought a book for myself which is actually three books in one - The Power of a Praying Wife, The Power of a Praying Parent and The Power of a Praying Woman, all by Stormie Omartian. I've read the first few chapters of The Power of a Praying Wife and it is really good. If you are married and you struggle to know what to pray for then I'm sure you'll find this book helpful. It's broken into 30 short chapters, each one focusing on an area of your husband's life that you can lift up to God in prayer.
.
I bought this book because I felt that for the last few months I'd just been rushing through my prayer time, saying the same things over and over again. I feel so much more refreshed and focused now that I've started reading this book and I'm hoping that the other two books (especially the one about praying for my children) will be just as helpful.
.
Anyway, after the bookstore we stopped at the cafe for a hot chocolate and went to visit my nana who lives nearby before coming home. What a perfect day.

No comments: